Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yeah for Megan

Megan called tonight. She is going to be able to give me about four hours a week for odd jobs. Yeah! This week she's coming on Wednesday and I'll have her do the floors -- get those grout lines cleaned up. If there's time, we'll tackle the pantry.

Oh, I have a long list of jobs for her.

We have 8 foot mirrors in our two bathrooms. Who's 8 feet tall? I'm not. I'm 5 feet 2 inches maybe. Alan is about 5 feet 5 inches tall. Who can reach the top of such tall mirrors without a ladder -- upon which old people who might break a hip don't go? So, Megan will do her annual cleaning of my mirrors. I get the lower half, and by the time January comes around you can tell the parts I cannot reach. :)

We also have wonderful light bulbs above the mirrors, like in a dressing room. She will clean off the light bulbs as well. I wonder if I should get some more of those bulbs since the government is making us switch over to flourescents? I'll talk to Alan about that.

Then, there's the plant shelves that need their annual cleaning, the chandelier in the stairway. And the cabinets in the kitchen need clearing out and cleaning out. I can't wait to get started. How nice to have a clean house, albeit for a few weeks.

Also, she'll go to the grocery story for me all summer. YEAH! She's a good shopper. Thrifty, but she gets good stuff. I can't wait until Wednesday.

No comments: