Monday, June 16, 2008

Still haven't switched

Well, another day is gone, almost, and I still haven't switched The Fat Lady Sings to a word document. Will I even do that? Who knows? Only God.

I went to visit Rhoda today. She looks good. She sounds bad. She was in the hospital for a week and nobody told me. I wondered why I hadn't seen her husband, Bob, around. I just figured it was too hot. Well, she's home now, and just had a "spell" that often happens during chemotherapy. She was given blood and antibiotics and is back home now. Her spirits are good because the tumors are shrinking and the doctor cannot feel any swollen glands any more.

I spent the morning on the porch -- we had a thunder storm but no wind with the storm so I could sit out on the porch and enjoy the breeze and cool air that came through. I certainly enjoy that room.

Well, I went to the library today and got several more Louis L'Amour books. Can't wait to get started on them.

I'm now getting ready to serve dinner. Alan will probably not eat much. It's chicken (again). I love chicken and could eat it every day, but Alan doesn't. He likes ham. I hate ham. I mean I really don't like ham. It's too salty and it makes me thirsty and I have to get a big one that means we have to have ham for dinner every night for a week. Not gonna happen very often.

Alan doesn't particularly like beef either unless it's meatloaf. So he eats the chicken, and I try to make it different and disguise the taste with sauces. I think his favorite is a honey mustard sauce, which is how it will be served tonight. Yuck. My chicken will be sauceless, thank you very much.

That's it for June 16, 2008.

No comments: