Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stormy day

This was a very stormy day. I love storms. And this is my last day at journaling on a BLOG. I figured out that I can write a running commentary in Word on my computer and call it "Journal" and it will accomplish the same thing.

Discipline at writing the day's events.

Today I slept a long time this afternoon -- well, from 4-6.

Then I watched a really bad storm roll through.

Megan came this morning and I started out using her to clean up Alan's office -- all those cars of his had to be dusted, very carefully. Then the shelves, then the blinds, then the fan. She did a great job. And it took her three hours. Then I sent her out in the rain -- another storm just came in really fast -- and she did my grocery shopping for me at Krogers. Poor thing. She got soaked.

Then there was still 10 minutes left and I said she could leave, but she said that I had mentioned the vacuuming, so she vacuumed -- better than I do. I mean she went over everything at least three times. No dirt under my feet now. She's a great worker.

I'll have her all summer -- at least until the end of August. She working with Children at St. Lukes this summer. She wants to get a job at Children's hospital -- the hardest place in the world to try to get a job. If anyone can, though, she probably can.

Also, we're going to take David out to Tom Curry's farm. Tom is Megan's father, and there are several new colts, and he will take David (and me) horseback riding. I can't wait. I love horses.

This is the end of this BLOG.

No comments: