Monday, June 30, 2008

Still walking

I can't believe I'm walking so well. Didn't use the walker once today. Haven't needed it.

I did quite a bit of housework, too. I washed the kitchen floor three times -- it took three swiffer swabs to get it clean. Then, I proceded to make dinner and started spilling things. Why is it I don't sptill things on the floor when it's dirty, only when it's spanking clean? Then I have to spot wash, but feel that my floor is dirty even though I know it's clean. I like my kitchen floor to be as clean as my table top, even if only for the first five minutes after I've washed it.

I also washed both bathroom floors, but what's new there. That's a daily chore. I remembered to squeegie the shower this morning. I usually forget to do that, and by the time I remember, it's all dry and the water spots are laughing at me.

Today is my daughter, Becky's 30-something birthday (37?). I guess she wouldn't be pleased with me to know that I've announced to the world how old she is. But she's beautiful and is aging to well. You wouldn't know she was on the shy side of 40. She's no wrinkles or lines, her skin is wonderful, and well, she's just a beautiful woman both inside and out.

I don't know how I happened to birth two beautiful girls. Cyndi is also beautiful -- she's the one that looks like Julia Roberts -- I don't think she looks like either me or Alan, and I don't see a mix either. Yet I know she's mine. Becky resembles my mother, with a little of Alan's mom thrown in. And there are a couple of pictures of me when I was smaller which resemble her. So, happy birthday, Beck. Have a great day.

Mom

No comments: