Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer's pleasure

I went down to the pool today. Boy was it hot. Fortunately, there was a nice breeze blowing that sort of cooled things down a bit. At least the humidity in the breeze was tolerable.

I wore myself out because Alan noticed that our bathroom was less than perfectly clean. Now, you have to know that I clean that sucker every single day. I mean scrub the floor around the toilet and the bowl and the rim, every day. But there was still that yellow paste that builds up around the floor, you know what I mean.

I found out several years ago that putting bleach on white linoleum makes it yellow and it looks like urine. Not appealing, but since the linoleum was only a month old when I discolored it, I've learned to live with it. I thought Alan had, too. Apparently not.

So, I scrubbed some more and got it as similar in color to the rest of the floor as I could. I know the floor is clean, it just doesn't look clean. Well, let me amend that -- it was clean right after I cleaned it. I can't verify that it is clean now as I write this. I mean the bathroom has been used since I cleaned it.

I'm still going to have Megan clean it even better than I can get at it. Alan doesn't believe I can get behind the toilet, but I can. I sort of bend over -- I can touch the floor with my hands by bending at the waist -- and I hold onto the floor of the scale (we have a doctor's scale next to the pot) and get behind the toilet. There you go. It's cleaned for another day.

Well, enough potty talk.

I didn't know what to have for supper so I settled on chili. Not Alan's favorite, but I didn't feel like cooking. I have to say he would have taken me out to eat, but I didn't feel like any of the places he suggested, and it was too hot, and it was Friday night. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I just didn't want to go out to eat.

Now, I'm off to bed. My knee is cracking something fierce. Every time I bend it it pops and walking is treacherous, I think. I won't walk without the walker because I'm afraid the knee is going to give out on me and I'll fall.

Well, once again this is my last "fat lady" post. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get this all transferred to a word document, although it's nice to have the blogspot storing all this text instead of my hard drive.

J

No comments: