Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pretty much done

I'm pretty much finished cleaning out my Fibber McGee closet -- the one in my office. The closet was emptied (by me) and then refilled in an organized manner (by me), and now there are only three boxes of scrap booking things to sort through and file away in their proper containers. Mostly, I have albums - no pages, just the outsides - Creative Memories calls them album cover sets. I have 10 large album coversets and 10 8x8 cover sets. I'm going to sell them for $10 a piece -- normal price is $25 for the 12x12 and $15 for the 8x8. Either way, it's a bargain. That includes all taxes and shipping costs, too. So it's really a deal. Then whoever buys them can buy the insides which cost anywhere from $8 for the 8x8 white, to $25 for the special pages.

Personally I like the portrait sleeve pages -- you get a cover and page in one gadget and it certainly is more cost effective.

The last task is to sort through all the paper packs I have and put them in color order so I can readily access them when I need a certain color. I have the drawers, but Alan is still behind in fixing the cabinet. Personally, the cabinet is fine, he just wants to make it like it was 100 years ago. That "a'int" going to happen. I can guarantee that.

I'm not scrap booking in the traditional sense anymore until I get the Wild West photo album finished -- and that's a computer deal. I'm using Story Book Creator 2 from Creative Memories, and I really like it, but I'm not aggressive about finishing the book. I have about 20 pages finished, have used about 100 of the 400 photos so far. At the rate I'm going, I'll finish by the end of August. That's not a complaint. Actually, I'm pleased I've finished as much as I have.

With trying to get the house completely cleaned really well this summer, going on a trip to Mt. Airy, NC for a week in July -- to be with my sister -- it's not realistic to think I would get more finished than I have.

There's a scrap booking crop on Friday night and I want to go, but I'm only using the computer to work on the Wild West book.

I've been off-line by choice for the last few days. I haven't felt like "journaling" so I haven't. Which means I haven't anything to say, or my life is so not full of things to do, or it is a total bore, that "journaling" nothing would be a waste of space.

No comments: