Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rosie spends the night

Last night after the cropping session at the clubhouse, Rosie came over and spent the night with me. She didn't get up until almost 9 a.m., which was great for me. She didn't like my cereal -- Lucky Charms -- , so she had a banana and crackers for breakfast. While I took my shower, she watch Hannah Montana, and then I combed her hair, braided it, and got ready to go to McDonald's, Dollar Tree, and Johnny's Toys.

Of course, she wanted everything she saw at Johnny's. And when we got to Dollar Tree, I gave her $5 and told her to have at it. She is a careful shopping. She walked through the whole store first, then went back and got the five things she wanted. Good job, Rosie.

I then took her home.

We've been having thunderstorms all day. The last one was tornadic, but it was just south of us. It was a lot of lightning and thunder though. The storms started this morning, which was a shame because the plan was that Rosie was going to go swimming most of the day. Not today. I didn't realize we were going to have storms all day today.

This is my kind of weather, though. I love thunderstorms (not tornadoes). The sound of an incoming storm or an outgoing storm is very restful to me.

Alan is in a funk, don't know why. I suppose he'll tell me one of these days, and heap guilt up guilt upon me. That's how it works. I do something offensive to him, rather than tell me what it is, he goes into a snit, then days later he'll pound me with words of my offense, and help the guilt on me. I await it patiently, hoping he'll forget what got him funked to begin with.

My ankles are really swollen today -- a fat-lady ailment with which I'm very familiar. In fact, I've often said that if someone poked a hole in my ankles we'd have another flood of Noahic proportions.

Well, we're off to Bible study in a few minutes, so I need to get off here. I was shut down for most of the day because of the storms, and am writing between storm lines.

No comments: