Thursday, June 26, 2008

Better day

Well, today I'm doing a bit better. Still sting all over, but I'm walking a bit -- just a little. Still tentative on the feet. I had to WALK today because Alan had a tooth extraction, and of course, I couldn't let him drive home drunk. And drunk he was. laughing gas!

When we pulled Walgreen's he was telling me all these things to do that weren't possible for either him or me to do at that point in time. I couldn't walk through Walgreen's to get him some vitamin he thinks he needs TODAY, and for which he has at least a two-week supply left at home. And he's bleeding and talking so I can't understand a word he says, which I mentioned several times, and finally told him not to talk any more. Use sign language. Well, he, not being Italian didn't work well with that idea.

We finally got all our drugs and headed home. I actually konked out shortly after we walked in the door. He was already asleep in the car by the time we got home. And, yeah, I knew I didn't have to make any supper because he couldn't eat anything, and he wasn't in the mood for anything liquid either. So, I didn't guilt trip about sleeping until 7 p.m. when a nice soothing thunderstorm woke me up.

So, that was our day. Another day of doing little -- oh yeah, I did three loads of wash before I took Alan to the dentist. The third load is still in the dryer.

No comments: