Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday

Well, I can't believe it and I'm afraid to dwell on the fact that my knee doesn't hurt at all, and the tingling is gone in my joints as well as the stinging pain that I've put up with for three weeks. Just disappeared today.

I rejoice in one day of little pain. There's still minimal in my back, but that's okay. I have been sleeping a lot and that's probably rested all those bad nerves and things that have been biting me the past three weeks.

Alan is doing great after his tooth-pull. Tonight, however, he has a rash and we think it's because he was prescribed vicoden to ward off the pain of the pull. But, it might be his patch is doing it. We had to stop them before, and maybe he can only tolerate them for two weeks then he has to let them go. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I'm still trying to get something going for the 4th. It's working.

Tomorrow, God willing, that I'll be able to walk well enough, I'm going to lunch with Amy. I always enjoy these lunches with her and I think it's because she's not afraid to eat. I mean she doesn't order a salad -- small size please -- with dressing on the size which doesn't get used. And that's it. She's like me. She orders what she wants to eat regardless of the number of calories.

I say, if I go out to eat -- which isn't that often-- then I ought to enjoy what I dont' get at home and I always have a salad at home. So, I get unusual things, usually seafoody stuff that I can't get other places, like if they have crab-cakes. Yum!

So, I'm eating out tomorrow at noon, and then I have to cook the ribs I bought a couple of days ago because they've been thawed out for two days and I don't want them to go bad. So, when I get home, I'll cook the ribs. Maybe I'll have a new pot to put them in. I need an oblong pot -- not my lasagna pan -- but something for ribs and larger roasts -- roasts that aren't big enough to put in the lasagna pan.

Well, that's enough for this boring day.

No comments: