Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My dislike for journaling

When I was a child I was asked to keep a journal. I didn't like doing it then, and I don't like doing it now. I don't know what to write in a journal, and since I'm not on some great adventure, just living day to day in my fat body, what is there to write about.

I'm glad God has given me breath for another day, but if He didn't I wouldn't complain. Of course, I wouldn't complain, duh! I'd be dead. What I mean is that I don't care if I get more days of breath or if it's time for me to leave this earth.

God has let me see my three children come to know Him and has let me see all but the three youngest grandchildren ask Jesus into their lives.

If I stay around I want to give them more insight into God's love, grace, mercy, peace, understanding, etc., but if I'm, as they say, "out of here", so what?

I do have to ask myself each day, though, have I finished the course? I truly don't know. I don't know what more I'm supposed to do to "evangelize" the world -- go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Physically, I'm unable to go into the whole world. I'm barely able to spend 15 minutes at the dollar store with my granddaughter. So, I wake up, maybe, tomorrow morning, and I go forth, doing what I do each day.

I had to explain to Rosie, who was anxious to be getting to McDonald's that I had certain chores I must complete each morning before I rest or do what I want to do. That is, I must make all the beds (Alan sleeps in three different places at three different times each night because of back pain); I must clean all the toilets, and around them; and I must clean up the kitchen -- if the dishwasher needs emptying and refilling then that's what I have to do, or if it just needs some left-over dishes put into it, I have to do that, and then I have to wash off the kitchen counters (again -- I do it every night after dinner as well). I'm fanatical about this clean thing in some areas. Other areas? Not so much. In fact, I'm wading through bits and pieces of lint on my carpet, which I haven't a clue from whence they came. They're an irritant to me, but I'm too lazy to get out the vacuum cleaner.

I tried to get Rosie to vacuum for me. She would have none of that. And, as I wrote in Runnemede Remembered I don't dust very often.

Now, it's time to head out to Bible study, and I know I wrote that a little while ago, in the earlier BLOG, well, it really is time to go. Bye.

No comments: