Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Well, yesterday, Saturday, the day before Father's Day 2008 we went up to Columbus, OH to attend the graduation party for Nicholas Hahn. It was a fine day. The exhaustion we had afterwards was worth the trip.

On the way up we stopped at the Pottery Barn Outlet and since everything thing in the store was an extra 30 percent off, it was very, very crowded. It was a time for me to shop -- push through the pain and shop, while Alan sat on a chair in the store and read one of their books. I had to wait almost 1/2 hour in the check-out line. It was very, very long. And extremely slow. Well, of course it would be with everybody (including me) buying so much stuff at 30 percent off.

I got a new blanket for our bed, a new duvet cover for the quilt, and some new pillow cases, towels, and washclothes -- in my new color, which is a sea-foam green/blue. I love this color. It's not aqua. It's not blue. It's not green. It a combo of both colors, though, and depending on the day it's green, or it's blue.

I never realized that duvet covers had little strings in them so you could tie the quilt into place. Duh! I've been using duvet covers for at least 20 years and never realized that before. And, of course, they don't come with any kind of instructions, so who knew?

Today, Cyndi and her children, sans Ellie, came over for a nice visit. They stayed for over an hour, which was wonderful. The boys are so well-behaved. A real pleasure to have them around. And they are talkative, which I like. They talk to me and Alan and tell us about themselves and what's going on in their lives. It was nice.

So, today is Father's Day, and we're just basically lazing around. Not doing much. The steroids are working some, but I still hurt, just not as much. I guess because I've been so active the last two days, I'm feeling it. But, I work when I can.

So, that brings me up-to-date in the journaling category. Now, back to Runnemede Remembered.

No comments: