Monday, June 23, 2008

More on Monday

I was thinking about how much I love where I live. And how it has morphed since we moved in here. The deck has been enclosed and become a sun porch which is useable all year round, mostly. There are a few days in the winter when I can't spend any time out there, but most of the year it's open for business.

My bedroom, which I absolutely love, and which is think is beautiful, is now sea-foam green, or is is blue, I can't tell, but the color is somewhere between pale green and pale blue, but not aqua. And that has changed from purple and lavender to the new color. Alan wanted the purple and that's what we had in our old house, so I kept it, but I so wanted a change, and this year, I was given a few gift coupons to Pier One for various reasons and I bought new curtains and I got new pillow covers at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I love those stores.

My kitchen is still one of my favorite places, but my knee hurts to bad whenever I'm doing something in there. I don't know what it is, but after I've been working for even just a few minutes, my knee collapses and the pain is awful. Only in that room. I can stand in any other room and not have that problem.

Of course, I still enjoy my HUGE bathroom. The tub especially is wonderful. It's big enough for me -- which means because I'm a fat lady, it's a big, tub.

So, I'm blessed, yes I am. God has allowed me and Alan to have this wonderful home in a wonderful neighborhood with a lot of good Christian neighbors with whom we share a lot of things -- mostly wounded knees!

I'm still mulling over my trip to Mt. Airy and Bristol. Alan thinks I should take 10 days -- as far as I'm concerned that's not an option. Too many days without him. Also, I don't think he will be able to handle that many days without me. I will pre-fill his syringes, and he will have to give himself his own shots, which I don't think he's going to like very much. He used to do that when he had a pen that self injected the correct amount of interferon, but actually plunging the needle in his belly? I don't know if he'll be able to do that without fainting. He does have a tendency to pass out whenever they draw his blood. When I give him his shot, he just turns his head and when it's over I tell him. Apparently, when you get a shot in the belly, you don't feel it. I don't want to test that thesis, but that's what I'm told.

So, Monday, June 23, is almost over, and it was a good day. Thank you Lord.

No comments: