Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is there a change in the weather coming?

I woke up at 5 a.m. in terrible pain -- my whole body hurt -- like a bad case of the flu. But I had no fever or any other symptoms. So, I figured the fibromyalgia was acting up. It wasn't time yet for the meds for that ailment, but I took them anyway and by about 7 a.m. I was feeling better. However, I couldn't get back to sleep.

So, I decided around 6:30 to go out on the sun porch and watch the sun come up. Well, that didn't happen. It was just too cold. I'm telling you this on a day when the high temp got into the mid-80s. But, this a.m. it was pretty frosty out there. So, I didn't sit out there and watch the sun come up. I went back to bed and faced the window to watch the sunrise. Fell asleep before I saw it, but I need some extra zzzz's.

Then this afternoon I spent an hour talking to Deb. We talk about everything under the sun, including sunrises that I don't get to see. She's such a sweet thing, and I love her to pieces. I can't wait until I finally get down to Mt. Airy for my long anticipated visit (anticipated on my end). I hope I get to see her daughter, Jennifer, as well. I need to get some science materials to her for her home-schooling endeavors.

So, Sunday is almost over. I see no change in the weather, but the aches and pains continue. The knee, of course, is a lost cause. And, I can't believe that another weekend is in the can, so to speak. Where does time go?

It seems like my life is get up, have a cup of coffee, take my pills. Wait for the pain to subside to a level that I can function with, and clear up the kitchen, only to make it a mess again by getting Alan his lunch. Notice I'm not eating here. There's nothing in the house, presently, that I would enjoy eating. Then I read or do something sedentary so I don't fracture my already fractured knee (rhetorically speaking), and it's time for me to mess up the kitchen again and make dinner. We eat dinner. I clean up the dinner mess. Then I go to my computer, read my e-mails, write something (or not) on the BLOGs, and watch one hour of TV, then it's into bed with a book which I read until around 11:30 or 12:00. And, then it's another day. How boring is that?

I didn't get down to the pool today. My scooter has two flat tires and I'm waiting for Alan to pump them up. I supposed I'll be doing that chore myself tomorrow morning as I need to get some smelly trash out of her and down to the dumpster, which Alan puts off until I scream and yell and fake vomiting because the stench is so bad. I don't understand why he doesn't smell it.

So, this is my not to positive BLOG on a day when the pain has me wanting to just pump myself up with something that will put me into a coma so I don't feel anything.

The bright spot of the day was my sister's call. Thanks Deb. I love you, sweetheart. You are such an encouragement to me. I always feel better after I talk with you. See you soon.

No comments: