Thursday, June 19, 2008

Community Board meetings

I'm off to my first CBM in a year. Last year at this time I resigned from any involvement in any community committees because I was feeling not quite too well and Alan was so sick.

But then, I'm not one to keep quiet or out of things, so I find that I'm back into the swing of things reporting on three items for the board. The swimming pool committee -- of which I was handed the chair because no one else would do it; the scrapbooking group, which I started and love; and the community historian, which I am doing because I'm the main scrapbooker and I take lots of pictures. So you see where I'm going with this? I am also the person who maintains the community telephone directory. And from time to time I do on-line research on topics about which the board needs input. So while I'm not walking about much, my mind is constantly going hither and thither (as Jane Austin would have put it).

The meeting starts in a just a few minutes, so I'm typing my fingers off to get finished before Alan and I leave to the meeting. He, too, while he is no longer on a the board is still pretty heavily involved in community actions -- he's head of the finance committee -- he and his committee decide how to get money, save money, and spend money in a cost effective manner.

I am becoming a conspiracist I think. I have three meds that are supposed to make me feel better. I already finished the steroids -- NOTHING, nada happened. I was to relieved when I didn't get hyper, but I didn't get the chipmunk cheeks and I didn't get any relief from the pain. The pain meds I'm taking for fibromyalgia don't seem to be doing a thing. I can't even get comfortable in bed or on a chair at this point. Every pressure point hurts so bad. So, I'm thinking Walgreen's gets its meds from China and they want us sick so they just put sugar in them and shape them like the real thing, but they do nothing at all for the person who is taking them.

Alan and I both are heading back to Dr. Caoili. Me to find out why the steroids did nothing, and he to get his BP checked and his Rx renewed. Silly, but that's the rule. You have to go back to the doc to get the Rx renewed for BP meds.

That's all scheduled for next week. Alan's trip to the dentist will cost us about $2000 if he opts for the pull technique. If he opts for the repair technique, it will cost $5000. I guess you know what I'm thinking. LOL

No comments: