Monday, June 23, 2008

I love Monday

I love Monday. I always have. I have never disliked going to work on Monday morning because almost every job I ever had I loved at the time I had it, and was glad to be back at my desk on Monday morning.

I love Mondays because, well, honestly, Rush Limbaugh is back on after two days of quiet. I sort of need to know what is going on in the political world, and he lets me know as only he can.

I love Mondays because I can sleep in. It wasn't always that way, but it is now. Sundays isn't a sleep-in day. And Alan and I don't schedule anything for Monday, so I can sleep in, if I want to. Today was such a day. After being up at 5 a.m. on Sunday, it was nice not to even wake up until 9:30. That's so unusual for me. I'm usually awake 10 or 12 times through the night, but last night I slept from about 1 a.m. until 9 a.m. How nice is that? I didn't even get up to go to the bathroom -- a fact of life for older women. Actually the going to the bathroom a couple of times a night started with my last pregnancy and never stopped. So, if I sleep though the night it's a rarity. And, no, I didn't wet the bed, and no, I wasn't wearing a pull-up.

So, I did my usual stuff, like I talked about yesterday. Except I didn't get coffee until almost 1 o'clock this afternoon. I had to make a new pot, and open a new package of coffee, and I didn't feel like doing that until AFTER the pills took effect. Then I made coffee. And I just love the first pot from the first scoops of coffee from a new package of coffee. And, I even cleaned the pot with soap, instead of just rinsing it out before I made the coffee. So that pot of coffee was exceptional.

I was going to make fettuccine with white sauce and bacon for dinner tonight, but realized I don't have enough milk to do that, so I had to go to plan B. Chicken salad in tomato cups with croissant on the side. I hope it's enough for Alan. It will be for me.

I noticed that the scale said I lost a couple more pounds. Just another sign that the steroids I got were just sugar pills.

It's a beautiful day today, so far. It's only 80 degrees and it's almost 4 pm. I assume that's as hot as it's going to get. I'm going to go out on the porch and get some photos sorted and some papers gathered so I can make a Stamper Grandchildren Album -- my next scrap booking project.

No comments: