Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Massages

As you all know I'm "elderly". Old people fall a lot, it seems to me -- at least from personal experience. Alan and I seem to be down on our knees a lot -- and I don't mean that because we're praying. If I'm on my knees, it's a mistake. I can't get up from my knees, and my knees can stand the pressure of kneeling on them at all.

So after the fall I took last Saturday, I've been hobbling. Well, today, I had a leg massage. Wow! I need to do this more often. I need to find my own "personal massager" like I have a personal shopper -- or rather, had a personal shopper. So, I'm looking. Alan also had his legs massaged and it seemed to help him walk much better. Have I stepped into something here? (Pun intended)

Alan also had an upper back/shoulder massage as well. We paid for this luxury in 10-minute increments. The cost: $1 per minute. Well worth it.


The laughter index item for the day, though, is watching me exit the pool. Yes, I went swimming today as well. I was in the pool for one hour, doing aerobics the whole time. Getting out of the pool was a hoot though. I almost asked my pool ladies to give me a push from behind, but we finally figured out that if I grabbed hold of a towel while they held onto the other end I could leverage myself up that final step. I wouldn't have had any trouble except the handle on the pool was so slippery that I couldn't get a grip on it. I crawled up the bottom three steps, and then could crawl up the last one -- it was too steep, so we (the ladies and I) devised the towel trick.

I'm glad no one was taking pictures.

ttfn

No comments: