Thursday, October 23, 2008

How stupid can a person be?

Today was Alan's and my appointment with Dr. Caoili. WRONG. Today is NOT the 24th. Today is the 23rd.

Well, Alan and I showed up on time -- that time being 8:45 a.m. Now, you have to realize that our normal wake-up time is around 9:30 or 10:00 p.m., so being up and ready and out the door by 8:15 is almost a miracle.

I pulled into the doc's parking lot. Parked the car right near the door. Went in. Signed in. And...

I was told that my appointment was for the 24th. And I said, "Yes, that's correct." And the receptionist told me: "Tomorrow is the 24th." And I said, "That's a joke, right?" And she said, no, today is the 23rd.

How I got it in my head that Thursday was the 24th, I don't know, but it isn't. Today is my daughter Cyndi's birthday -- not yesterday as I thought.

I'm all confused. What day is it? Thursday. What is the date? October 23. Okay, so I sent my cousin a Happy Anniversary note on the wrong date, as well.

As my mother used to say: "Stupid, stupid, stupid." And tomorrow we get to do it all over again!

ttfn

No comments: