Monday, October 27, 2008

Great time was had by all, I think

Well, I worked it all out. I got all the housework done in time, and the set up for my Creative Memories Croptoberfest party last night (Sunday, 10/26). I had 10 ladies come. And they were not all my neighbors. I had a wide spread in ages as well. A young mother who is expecting her fourth child in March, another younger woman and her mother, said mother being one of my neighbors. A lady younger than I am who is the sister of one of my neighbors. The sister came as well. And my best bud neighbor who does scrapbooking. And all these ladies are so very talented.

The project was to make an album out of a pack of fall paper (paper especially made for Croptoberfest activities) and covers which I made out of card stock. They glued, and stuck pieces of paper to the edges to bind the pages, and they tore paper sheets, or cut them, and came up with the most precious albums ever. I wish I had taken pictures, but my camera is worthless right now.

I did, however, order the part to my camera that I lost at the wedding, and hopefully will be back in business by the end of this week.

So, we had a great time. And while I was exhausted after everyone left, and I didn't clean up last night, it was a good exhaustion. I was able, by having the event here, instead of at the clubhouse, to reach any and all products the ladies needed to see or use very easily. Which is interesting, because I've been trying to make sure that I have duplicates of everything at the Clubhouse, but every month, when we get together as a community, I find that SOMETHING is missing, and being in the state of non-walkability that I am I can't run home and fetch the missing items. And I feel bad because the ladies don't have all they need to complete their projects.

Next Monday -- the day before the Election -- is the next Clubhouse event, and we're making Christmas Cards. I'm preparing kits, so that I don't have to run home if something is missing. Each kit will have a card, an envelope, several stickers (my storehouse of previous years' stickers will also be available if they want to switch out), and a saying they can glue into the inside.

Last year's Christmas Card events were well attended and the ladies really did enjoy making those cards. So, we'll see what comes from this year.

I'm feeling very well today, which is unbelievable. My doctor's nurse just called and told me to up my water intake to 64 oz a day -- which is what I've been doing, but she said that I have to be religious about the water intake and that is in addition to coffee, tea, or fruit juices, including cranberry juice. Ugh! I've been feeling like I'm drowning for three months now, and was hoping that I had been taking enough fluids, but apparently not. If I can't process what I've been ingesting at this point, why would I process even more? I don't get it.

So, journal I close again on a down note, but I think I did well at the top of this day's entry with the account of the album making party.

Things I have to do today are: put away the left over papers and all my punches, stencils, and cutters; go to the produce market; and do laundry. I wonder how much I'll actually get done!

mtf

No comments: