Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 7

Well, I did it again, but this time it was at my son's home. He has several steps to get into the house, and then, because he lives in a bi-level, there are several steps to get up to the main living area where my granddaughter, Rose, was celebrating her 9th birthday. So, I got my 16 steps in, but, I tell you, it was difficult, mainly because their handrail doesn't go all the way to the top, so the top three steps have no means for me to support my weight -- which is what I use the handrail for. But I made it -- both up and then back down. Yippee!

It's a beautiful fall day here in Northern Kentucky. The leaves are finally turning, and falling in masses. Cleanup will begin later this week for those who have to do that kind of thing. Fortunately, we live in a condo community, so that's done by our "landscaper" and not by me!

I recall the children, when they were little, loving to jump into the piles of leaves that my husband and I had scraped up, thus spreading the piles around the yard so that we'd have to scrape up the leaves again. We didn't really mind, we knew it was part of our children's early lives and growing up experience. It was fun for them, that's for certain.

At this time I'm about to make dinner -- short ribs. Alan likes them and since he hasn't wanted to eat for the past few days, I thought I'd make something I know he will enjoy. So I'm off. ttfn.

No comments: