Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 2 of stair climbing


Yes, I did it again, only this time I did it at my daughter, Cyndi's, home. She has 18 steps and I went both up and down. Scarey, going down. My stairs at my house wind around so I don't have this long tube to look down, but a couple of short tubes, which is easier for me to handle, as my fear of heights is getting worse and worse.


It was a generally good day. My knee seems to be healing, finally. And I spent a couple of hours at Cyndi's listening for the sound of a crying child -- none to be heard. Ellie sure does sleep well. She is put down at 12:30 and wakes at 3:30 like clock-work.


Cyndi and I chatted while she and Tori put the groceries away, and again I thanked her for allowing me the privilege of helping her with her schooling duties and giving me the opportunity to see the children once a week (or more). It's been such a treat for me to spend even a little bit of time with them.


Jonah, who is always smiling, today wasn't. And I said, "Jonah, you need to smile. I've never seen you not smile before." And he did. His big gaping smile which I love so much. See the picture. isn't he just the most adorable thing you've ever seen? He looks like his mommy.


mtf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an absolute doll!!! When you guys get together for Thanksgiving, you should take a family picture of each of your kids and their brood. I'd love to see them all. :-)