Friday, October 24, 2008

Ok, so Today's the 24th

And we showed up for our doctor's appointments -- he, his; me, mine. Got up at 6:30 (again) and headed out around 8:15 -- it was a very rainy, dreary, morning. And the doctor overslept -- her alarm didn't waken her, and she was late and finally showed up for my 9:00 a.m. at 9:45 a.m., almost on time for Alan's 10:00 a.m. But, since we were both together it didn't really matter to me, anyway.

My appointment was basically -- give me more pain meds and take a blood sample to show that my kidneys are working well again and I can take anti-inflammatories so I can walk.

Well, she told me I could take another arthritis medicine that isn't an anti-inflammatory but which was causing me nausea last spring. But, we forget to get the Rx for it, so that I'll have to do without until I complete the 24-hour urine test I'm doing next week (day of my choice), then when I show up at her office again -- I feel like I'm living there -- I'll pick up the Rx for the arthritis meds. Clear?

Anyway, she also gave me an Rx for the Pain Institute thinking that they can do something with the chronic pain I'm enduring on a daily basis. We'll, see. I don't really want to go the epidural route, but that's probably what it means. Maybe they'll x-ray my leg and find out that I do, in fact, have several broken bones around the knee and that's what's causing all this pain. Who knows? Who cares?

I came home and went to bed and got up at 7:00 p.m. That's the longest I've slept in weeks -- 7 straight hours. I missed Rush!

I can almost guarantee all that afternoon sleeping that means I won't sleep tonight (again), but I have a plan. If I don't fall asleep, I'll clean the bathrooms and the kitchen floor in my house-cleaning marathon to prep the house for my scrap-book event I'm hosting on Sunday night.

So, as I am awake now, and I still see that my daily-read BLOGs (except for one) haven't been updated, I guess I'll read some more of the book I started yesterday, and if I don't get hooked into that until 4:00 a.m., then I'll clean the house.

Or maybe, just maybe, I will sleep some more!

ttfn

No comments: