Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bad night, good day

Well, today is the day I shall get all my card stock cut into sizes for cards. Then on Thursday I'm going to Hobby Lobby -- all scrapbook supplies are 50 percent off this week -- and I'll be stocking up on Christmas stickers. I hope they still have some left. I wish I could go an earlier day, but I can't. So it will be Thursday afternoon, after I watch Ellie May while her sister and brothers go to gym class at the sports center.

The night was awful, that throbbing sciatic nerve was just pulsing all night long. Ouch! It seems to have settled down for now.

Since I did my grocery shopping yesterday, I'm all set in that regard for at least a week. I have enough lemons to last me 8 days. Lemons were 4 for a dollar at the produce store -- what a bargain! Why do I mention lemons? My way of keeping from getting a cold is to eat at least 1/2 a lemon a day -- it seems to be working -- I haven't had a really bad cold for three years. Praise God! Nor flu! Nor bronchitis! Whereas, my dear husband seems to be plagued with bronchial problems 365/24/7.

Another great thing -- I'll be getting the craft kits for the Christmas week party in a couple of days and I will make the samples to make sure they are "child friendly" and the children will be able to work without much help from me or the moms.

I have three more Creative Memory events before the New Year and then I'm taking a leave of absence. I just can't handle it any more. The supplies are heavy, and you just can't have a get together without carrying about 40 pounds of equipment -- at least I can't.

Now, on Monday I'm doing a Christmas card/tag event and that will be with kits, already made up, which won't weight too much. And the rest of the supplies are already in the clubhouse. If I find my legs don't work well on Monday, I'll just move the event to my home -- it's big enough to accommodate 16 women, and we've never had that many attend any of our scrapbooking nights.

So, I'm off to start cutting card stock into card sized pieces. And, making samples, and then the ladies will choose which "card" or "cards" they want to make.

ttfn

No comments: