Thursday, October 30, 2008

Whew!

Well, today was busy. I first visited three -- count them -- three drug stores or pharmacies -- I don't know what the politically correct name for drug stores is any more. I was looking for a hat. That's what they call that thing you put under the toilet seat so when you're a woman you can collect the urine into that thing and then pour it into the 24-hour jug. It looks like a hat, so I suppose that's why they call it that.

Well, none of the three "chain" drug stores had them in stock. I was told to go to the outpatient clinic at various hospitals and see if they would give me one. Yeah, right!

So, now, I'm hitting the small pharmacies, but I'm letting my fingers do the walking this time, because walking to the back -- that's where the windows for the pharmacist and assistants are -- is hurtful to my legs and knee.

After that I went over to sit with Ellie. Who, once again, went into her crib, and I didn't hear a peep out of her. At least today, I saw her for a few minutes before she went to nap time. She's so cute. The cat (Pippin) wanted to cuddle with me. As did Fair Mare (still don't know how to spell that). Now, I'm allergic to cats, so cuddling with a cat is not my idea of a good time, and by the time I left Cyndi's my throat was itchy and burning, but that's as far as it went. I know I'm not nearly as allergic as I was as a teenager and young adult. While listening for a peep to come from Ellie, I read Martha's newest Living magazine, and by that time the children and Cyndi were back home, as were both Shandons. The family was heading out to do some shopping, as was I.

Off I went to Hobby Lobby. 50 percent off scrapbooking supplies was too good to resist. And I had $100 in cash, and I spent 101.24. Not bad, especially since if everything had been full price, it would have cost me over $200. But I got all the supplies I need for the Christmas Card makers, and other craft events for the Christmas season.

I hurt so bad by the time I was through that I thought I was going to be sick. Did you ever hurt that bad? But, I got home, laid down for about an hour, and was fine.

And, ta-da, this is the third day in a row that I cooked a really good dinner. I generally get one good meal a week prepared, but this week, I'm three for three! Tomorrow won't be good, I know that because I'm out of supplies again, and, of course, I didn't' think ahead to getting more fresh meat.

However, if the Alexandria Pharmacy has a "hat", tomorrow I'll pick it up and go next door to the butcher. I need to remind him (the butcher) that I need my duck for Thanksgiving, and it's coming up fast.

So, journal/diary, that's today. I'm seeing quadruple right now, which means I'm really, really tired. I'm off to la-la land, and to sleep, per chance to dream.

ttfn

No comments: