Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 1 of stair climbing

Well, I did it. I hope I can keep it up. I traveled up the stairs in our home once today -- no problems at all. There are 19 steps (high ceilings). I'm hoping that this "exercise", minimal as it might be, will improve my ability to navigate stairs. Of course, here I have a handle to hold onto. At my sister's I didn't, and that was my down fall (pun intended).

The rest of the day I spent putting stuff away, but didn't get very far. It seems I spent more time writing e-mails to my children in order to get some semblance of order in our Christmas events than I did anything else. This is okay, though. I know it's only the beginning of October, but as I get older, time flies by.

I know that in less than two weeks my niece, Emily, will be getting married -- boy did that come up fast! Then I have a scrapbook get together the following weekend, not to mention this weekend. The weekend after that I have another big scrapbook event. Then the following weekend is the annual community Thanksgiving dinner. And so, I'm trying to get all my Christmas card making events on my calendar before other things start cropping up. Do you see my problem?

Like today, I was down at the clubhouse getting some of my scrapbooking supplies for tonight's meeting -- which didn't happen -- and the ladies that were having their weekly knitting fest were already talking about Christmas and the yearly luncheon they put on -- which is NOT to be missed, and here we go. I already have half of December booked out, and it's only the beginning of October.

Do I feel another panic attack coming on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just curious if panic attacks are something that run in the family. I mean, did Grandma or Gramps ever have them? I know dad does and I do too. The way you talked on this blog entry is just like how it starts too. You start thinking about everything that has to be done and next thing you know..... PANIC! Sorry you're dealing with those and with your falls as well (glad you made it up today no problem :-) ), but yeah, just curious if that's a hereditary thing.

Judi Hahn said...

I don't know about hereditary. I never had them until recently. Although, maybe I did and we all just figured it was just me -- getting all worried about an "event" and causing my family mental pain because of my reaction to what I had to do to get ready for an event.

Maybe my strokes are a result of that panic, I don't know. So, I can't help you with the panic attack being herditary thing.