Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 6 - climbing

Well, I got in my stair climbing at my daughter's today. Up and down her back steps (there are five of them, if you count the one that goes into the sun porch) -- up three times, down four times. I figure that's as many stairs as I have in my house, so it counts. I also had to walk across the grass field -- not easy to do when you have to walk like Peg-leg Pete -- which hurt like *(*#$ -- it hurt a lot.

And, I noticed as I was climbing my daughter's steps that it was so much easier than it was last Monday, which was day one. So, it must be working. Now, if I could only get the knee -- the bad one -- to bend in such a way so that I could go up and down steps like a normal person, and not like a 95-year-old bent over elderly person. Of course, I don't have much longer to go to get to that age -- 30 years -- which in elderly time is very, very, very fast.

I must add to this "diary" entry that Indiana is beautiful this year -- the leaves have changed and the colors are vibrant. It was a very, very pleasant drive out to Becky's and I'm really glad I went.

ttfn

No comments: