Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday, already

Well, I can't believe it's already Thursday -- the weekend is coming -- and I haven't gotten a whole lot accomplished this week.

I was able, I hope, to get my Medicare/medical insurance provider debacle straightened out. I was on the phone for nearly two hours accomplishing this feat. Man, dear.

I thought our medical insurance people were the primary providers, and they say they are, but Medicare says they are and my medical insurance people say they are. So, I hope we got it correct this time. I still have one more call to make to ascertain if all the phone calls I made relayed the correct information.

The thing is, I don't even want Medicare. I don't want to take money from the government as long as I am able to afford my own medical insurance. But the US Government won't allow me to be medicare free. I HAVE to receive the benefits. What benefits? Do you know that they pay $2.89 for a doctor's office visit? Do any of you know of a doctor that gets only $2.89 per visit? I don't. In fact, I can't recall even back in the 50s that a doctor's visit was that low. It was at least $5 back then. And so since March, when I qualified according to the government for Medicare, nothing has gotten paid. Medicare has paid nothing, nor has my health care insurance provider.

So, one more phone call, and hopefully, all will be set up.

mtf

No comments: