Friday, October 31, 2008

Why is it?

I was noticing that my niece's site meter counter is almost caught up to mine. And I was thinking she's just so much more popular than I. That's okay. I'm not bitter about that!

Then I got to thinking. I'm a 60-plus person. In my age group, few people use computers, and even fewer read BLOGs. So, what can I expect? Also, since we moved to this community we've lost so many of our friends and neighbors who MIGHT have looked at my BLOG. I'm also at an age when I am definitely losing readers because of their passing on.

Also, I turned off the site meter counter to block out the times I go into my site to read comments or do corrections or things like that, and I'm sure my niece has done that as well. Maybe I should turn it back on so it looks like a lot of people are reading my BLOG.

So, again I ask, why is it that her counter is almost caught up to mine, and she's only been BLOGging for a couple of months, whereas, I started the site meter last March. I figure that it's because she's young, funny, has lots of computer savvy friends, and frankly her BLOGs are more interesting than mine.

So, if those of you who read this BLOG want to give me a boost in my self esteem, click into my BLOG, from a fresh start, several times a day, not necessarily to read it, just so my site meter clicker will advance, and I'll feel popular.

mtf

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - I am guilty of NOT turning off the site meter for my visits, so I'm guessing that HALF of those visits are mine. So, don't feel bad. The only ones looking at my blog are me. ;-) .... I'll go change it now.

Judi Hahn said...

I still feel unpopular!

Rose said...

you guys are TOO funny!
Love you both!!!