Saturday, August 2, 2008

I missed a day, so what?

Well, sis, I got the message. I need write something on one of the BLOGs every day. I'm not dead. I'm not sick. I'm just out of ideas. It's called writer's block. I've got it big time.

Today was so eventful that I had time to get my hair done -- what's left of it, that is.

You see, I'm on meds that make my hair fall out, so I'm slowly but surely going bald -- bald as an eagle. Are eagles really bald?

The hair dresser did a great job with the cut and making it look like I have some hair. She combed over all the bald spots, so it seems I have enough hair still to hide them. My hair is now completely white.

Why am I just noticing that? It's been white for years. But not COMPLETELY. Those with black hair have a few white hairs can relate. I used to have a few black hairs!

Today, though, I noticed as the shears were snipping away and the hair was falling it was ALL white, no black in the drippings, so to speak. I supposed that makes me officially OLD. Or Mrs. Santa Claus.

I also notice how fat I've become since taking Lyrica. Actually, I look like most people look when they are going through chemotherapy -- you know when the face gets real puffy? That's how I look. My eyes, I didn't realize are almost closed. Now, that's odd, because I can still see, and if my eyes were completely closed I wouldn't be able to see.

I have noticed that it is getting darker much earlier though and getting lighter in the a.m. much later. Is that normal for this time of year? Isn't it still summer? Aren't we still supposed to have light until after 9 o'clock at night?

Okay, have I written enough now? Do you have enough (questions) to think about? If not, oh, well!

TTFN

No comments: