Friday, August 8, 2008

The munchkins are coming

Tonight is the night. A first for me and Alan. We are having a movie night with several of our grandchildren.

We ordered Shrek III -- because I liked I and II, and three of the Hahn grandchildren are coming over tonight for movie night with Memom and pop-pop. I have individual size popcorn bags (microwave of course) for each child and each will get lemonade to drink. They will watch quietly so Memom can enjoy the movie -- well that's the dream anyway.

Rose and Rachel are getting their hair cut today -- getting ready for school, so part of tonight's show will be a hair show as well. David will just watch. Amy is keeping Matthew at home. We ALL decided that was best. Matthew isn't into sitting still to watch a movie. I'm not sure the others will be either, but the rules will be laid down at the beginning and if they can't watch quietly and politely well -- I don't know what to threaten them with because I don't really have any place to send them except to bed. Well, there's a thought!

I've got lots of shopping to do today -- food wise. My personal shopper is not available until next week and it's been two weeks, and supplies are getting pretty low. So, after lunch, I'll head out and see how far I get. I placed an order with the meat market so that just means going in and getting the stuff. Not many steps. Then I need to head over to the farmer's market. And I really need bread -- the kind you can use for steak sandwiches, which might mean a trip to Kroger's. I think I can' just go in, get the bread and the lemons (I'm out of lemons) and other salad fixings and then head home. Hopefully that will do it.

I'm a little dizzy right now, but that's because of it being shortly after taking my BP meds which always produce a drop in the pressure, thus making me dizzy for about a half hour (that's the report for those of you who want to know what it's like to be old and short).

So, I'm off do to the things I have to do. Alan is finally up and walking. He's not feeling really well today. He's had a busy week and I guess it finally caught up with him.

TTFN

No comments: