Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Knee-popping day

Yes, it was. A knee-popping day. Every step I took you could hear the pop-pop-pop. I sounded like a bag of micro-wave popcorn almost ready to eat! And each pop was accompanied by a moan or some other expletive which isn't fit for print.

The weather, however, has been wonderful. When in doubt, talk about the weather. We have had a string of open-window, no air-conditioning days, and tomorrow promises to be more of the same. Oh, they're threatening maybe a shower, but so what, it's still going to be cool and fairly breezy. I'm loving it.

Alan took the Hyundai in for its first check-up and she passed with flying colors. How could she not. She's such a pampered little thing. I mean she only gets driven maybe 100 miles a month, if that. We have only had to feed her six times since we got her. We just don't go many places, and if we travel more than 100 miles we use the van. And, she knows she is loved by me, at least. She knows I prefer her to the hulking van.

Don't misunderstand me. The van has a place in our lives, but not an every other day place. More like a twice a year place. So, Alan will be taking the van in for its annual (I think of the van as a he rather than a she), and except for some wheel drag to the right, he should be okay. Alan takes good care of our vehicles, and I don't even think about it. Fortunately, he's still able to get them to the dealers for their maintenance checks.

Tomorrow, Becky is coming for a visit -- at least she thinks she is. I really won't know for sure until she gets here or near here, then she'll call me and tell me she's five minutes away. That's how it works most of the time and that's okay. I'm always glad to see her and the children, and appreciate whatever time she can spend with me.

Well, it's time for me to turn out the lights and get some shut eye. TTFN. MTF.

No comments: