Saturday, August 16, 2008

A fun day

Saturday, August 16, 2008. Well, it started out that I was going to go shopping with Tori -- my oldest grand-daughter -- this morning. And, sure enough, about 10:00 a.m. she called me and asked when we were going and I told her right away if she wanted. She wasn't quite ready, but I move slowly and by the time I got over to her home she was ready -- waiting on the porch for me to pick her up.

We went to Hobby Lobby first -- to get scrapbooking supplies. Yes, I am a Creative Memories consultant, but I still like to get other manufacturer's things as well. And I was specifically looking for mulberry paper. Hobby Lobby doesn't carry it. Bummer. Well, after about an hour my knee was giving me fits, so I suggested we check out. We had both gotten what we wanted, and were ready to move on.

The next stop was another scrapbooking store -- still looking for that mulberry paper -- but the Scraps, Etc. didn't carry it either. So we went to my next stop -- The Country Produce Market. We've been out of snacking cheese (Alan likes cheese) for a couple of weeks and I had been promising him that I would get over there "tomorrow." Well, after two weeks of "tomorrow" I finally went and stocked up on his favorite cheeses. I was also out of parmigiana reggiano (spaghetti cheese) so that was another reason I had to go to that store. Produce I've been getting at the farmer's markets and will continue purchasing it there until tomatoes and corn and apples are no longer available this season.

Next we went to TGIF's and I wrote about that earlier in the favorite recipe section. After TGIF's we went over to Amy's and Phil's. Toria hadn't seen her Aunt and Uncle (they only live like 10 miles apart) for over two years. When we got out of the car, Phil, my son, thought it was his sister, Cyndi. Toria and Cyndi really do resemble one another. Of course, the munchkins had to show Toria their new kittens -- all five of them.

Then we headed back to her house. Low and behold, her brother Shandon and her father (also a Shandon) had been constructing a water slide -- it must be 50 feet long -- next to their house and were just getting ready to test it. Jonah decided to give it a test run. Well, it isn't exactly on very smooth ground, and the poor little tyke felt every bump along the way, but was smiling when he finished the run. They have a very large tube to use for sliding down the run, but he decided to use his backside instead. Well, the next time Jonah tried that (the tube), he fell off the tube and really hurt his back. So, modifications had to be made, and by the time I left, the slide was working as it was supposed to, as was the tube, and the kids were having a blast.

And stupid me -- I forgot my camera!!!!

MTF

No comments: