Sunday, August 10, 2008

Addendum to "More in the life..."

Well, Alan came out of the shower and asked me to look at his back. He's had phantom shingle pain for over a year now. No blisters, just the pain. Well, when I looked, I got sick. He's got full-blown shingles again. The rash and blisters are back.

Fortunately, he has the meds he needs to combat some of the pain. However, this still means a trip to the doctor to get an anti-biotic, and maybe a trip to the OR to get an anti-biotic drip, depending on what the doctor says. I hope it's pills.

It seem shingles is a disease that afflicts older people more than younger people. They say it's stress related. Well, Alan is the most stress-free person I know -- unless he is stressed out about something about which I'm not aware.

So many of my neighbors have had shingles in recent months (the over 55-crowd) and I'm wondering what's in the air around here (spores?) that so many are getting the disease.

Oh, well. Pray for Alan if you think of it. Pray for relief from pain for him and that the shingles will clear up sooner rather than later.

mtf

1 comment:

Lori said...

So sorry about Uncle Alan!! Can't believe the shingles are back. Are they as bad as last time or has he been able to manage the pain? Hope all goes well at the doctors. :-(