Monday, July 28, 2008

The weekend's over

I survived it!

Well, it was really a great weekend.

Saturday, my granddaughter Tori and I shopped till I dropped. We had a plan, so I would last longer. My plan joined with hers.

First we went to Dollar Tree. I needed bubble gum and they are the only place I know that has Double Bubble gum -- I bought 10 packages. That should last a week or so. She needed cards. And I also saved Alan a ton of money because I got five Sudoku books for $5, whereas if I had gotten five books at Kroger's (my normal source) I would have paid $25. See? I saved him $20.

Then we went to a sit-down place. Are you seeing our pattern. A walk-through, no chairs. A sit-down place, lots of chairs. So we went to lunch. She picked a really nice restaurant. And we enjoyed the sit-down time, but I could see she wanted to get to some other stores. So, our next stop was Bed, Bath, and Beyond -- no chairs there, just lots of walking. But, I love that store, and so does Tori. Then we went to Borders. I picked up a book and sat on a sofa and read, while Tori shopped. Then it was time to go to Limited TOO and/or Crabtree Evelyn. They are right next to each other at the shopping center, but no chairs, except out in the sun.

So, I drove to Limited Too, no parking places, not even the handicapped places were open. I drove around the circle and came back, still no parking, once more -- the third time -- no parking, so I told Tori to go to Limited Too and I'd be in as soon as I found a parking place. Well, on the 4th go-round, and after much prayer, I got a place right out front of Limited Too.

I checked in on her, then ran over to Crabtree Evelyn, and spent my gift certificate, really fast, but I knew what I wanted, and then went back over to Limited Too. They did have seats in there, so while she shopped, I sat and watched. It's fun watching a pre-teen shop for clothes. She's got such a cut figure and the clothes she picked were so pretty -- nice, and modest. That's training! She will be wearing a uniform to school this year, so any clothing she buys is for her enjoyment, not for wearing to school.

Then we got back in the car and stopped at UDF (United Dairy Farmers) and Tori ran in and got bread and milk for me. Then we came home, and printed out more pictures. That was Saturday. And I finally took her home when her mom called telling me it was time to get her home -- in a nice way. Actually, we were walking out the door when her mother called.

Then Sunday we went to Becky's in Indiana. What a pleasant day! Beck and I conversed (See Runnemede Remembered) while Alan and Quinn went shooting down in the woods. Alan survived that, which surprised me. He was very weak by the time we got home, but he did survive it, and he really, really enjoyed it.

Now, please don't take this the wrong way -- especially, you, Becky. Becky made us slushies. They were lemonade/strawberry slushies. And her children had been saying how wonderful they were. I was looking forward to tasting it. The lunch she served us was really good. She does make a good lasagna.

Anyway, it was about 4:30 p.m. and she made these slushies. I started to drink and I noticed these green things floating in the slush. I asked her if she had hulled the strawberries. She said, no, the greens are good for you. Well, maybe for her, but not for me. Alan, however, had no problem with them The slush did taste good, I just couldn't get past the green. :)

TTFN

No comments: