Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18, 2008

Another day, another dollar. Not! Another dollar spent is more like it.

Remember when I washed one of the portable phones in the wash because I forgot it was in my pocket and threw the slack with phone in the washing machine? Well today I went looking for a replacement.

I bought a three-phone set. Thinking back to the days when we had only one phone, and now we will have one in almost every room. The big one is a regular phone and that will go on Alan's desk. It has a big read out so he can tell when those bill collectors are calling and decide note to answer the phone. Then there are two portable phones. One will go back in the bedroom replacing the one that got washed, and the other will go in the TV room. I usually have the one that is supposed to be in my office in my walker bag, so if I'm in the TV room it's there or if I'm on the porch it's with me. But now, there will be a phone in the TV room near Alan's chair so he can answer the phone when it rings while he's watching Gunsmoke or some other dumb TV show.

None of my shows are dumb, you see. I enjoy things like HGTV, the Food Network Channel, TLC, and sometimes the Travel Channel.

I do enjoy a good cowboy movie if there is one on, but mostly they (cowboy movies) are on on Saturday, and I don't watch much TV on Saturday, or any other day, now that I think about it.

I am sort of addicted to So You Think You Can Dance, but I guess I could miss it if I had to.

So, I went to Staples and got the phones and three more portable plug-in drives, and ink for my printer. When Toria and I were printing out pictures the other night, they turned green, letting me know that it was time to replace the ink cartridges. I bought up all Staples had for the Epson Color 880, but they only had two of each (color and B&W), so I'm going to have to go back to my on-line supplier. The printer is 8 years old, which is very old in the technology arena, but it works well, so I don't want to invest in a new one just yet.

Then I went to the farmer's market and bought a huge cantaloupe, which Alan and I are going to enjoy in about 10 minutes, or as soon as I finish with this BLOG.

I came home absolutely, positively exhausted, and then in awful pain again. So, I didn't go scrapbooking with the neighbors as I had intended. Bummer.

Well, I'm off to carve that cantaloupe. TTFN

No comments: