Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blah, blah, blah

Today is over. Blah.

I went to the butcher shop, got a couple weeks worth of meat -- froze most of it. And I was able to get really nice minute steaks. Now, I have to get out to Panera to get some decent bread for steak sandwiches.

Also, for some reason I slept to noon -- no kidding. Which meant, by the time 3 p.m. came around I still hadn't had breakfast, let alone lunch.

I can't eat right after I get up. I have to be up for a couple of hours before I can ingest food. I can have that surge of coffee, but that's it.

So, without any coffee earlier, at 3 p.m. I made some macaroni salad. My drink? Lemonade. They don't really go together, do they?

Alan had gone to see a movie with a friend of his, and I was just hanging out, doing my usual computer thing. He got home around 5 and wasn't hungry and so I sat down to watch the news. I fell asleep again and didn't wake up until 7 p.m. Alan was sound asleep at that time, so I just got up and figured: I'm not hungry, he's asleep, I won't cook tonight.

His dinner? Ham and cheese on wheat toast and the last of the best potato salad I ever made, if I say so myself. He was happy. I was happy I didn't have to cook OR eat anything.

Now, it's time for bed, so I'm off to it -- bed that is.

TTFN

No comments: