Thursday, July 3, 2008

Talk about being vertically challenged

Well, I'm definitely what you would call SHORT (vertically challenged) and it really gets to me when I have to get things out of my cabinets that are on the second or third shelf. I don't feel steady on a step stool, but if I have to I use one -- they actually make them so a FAT person like me can use them -- up to 350 pounds. Thank God I have a way to go to get to that weight. But yikes -- since I've been on Lyrica I've gained 25 pounds and I'm eating less than I used to, so what's up with that?

I got word today that I do NOT have lupus -- yeah! I am however losing kidney function. The first things that entered my head and what I said to Alan was, this is good because I'll be with Jesus sooner rather than later.

Probably not being read as a good thing, but for me it would be. Living with pain -- at about 8-10 on the pain chart everyday, while not killing me, is killing me. I mean, I don't know how the Apostle Paul kept going and going and going with his "thorn in the flesh", unless that "thorn" wasn't pain. But what thorn in the flesh isn't painful?

So, I rejoice that it's not lupus. I also am thankful that while I've been drowning myself by drinking more and more water, I will have to drink even more water. And, oh yes, no more anti-inflammatory meds -- which means no more Arthrotec (my best med to relieve the knee pain). I'm also not allowed to take Motrin, Advil, Alleve, Aspirin, Tylenol or any of those because they interact back with some other stuff I take to keep me going.

The best thing today was that I went over to deliver Adam's birthday present, and Cyndi asked me to stay and talk for a while. I wasn't prepared to do that, but I did. And I'm glad I did. I enjoy talking with my children. I only wish they'd open up more once in a while.

And then, Amy called and we had a great chat about things. Just things. Nothing specific. I enjoy talking to her and I enjoy her company. She's a sweet lady.

So, I'm psych-ing myself up for tomorrow's day in the park. If the Lord wills and clears up the weather, the event will happen. If the weather is as bad as today, we're going to have it on Saturday. We'll see what God has in store for us tomorrow or Saturday. Whatever He wants, I'll go along with it.

TTFN

No comments: