Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's almost July 17.

I'm late doing this today. I've been doing lots of other things. None that require a lot of movement, though.

I cleaned the kitchen, sort of. Well, at least I put away the groceries from last week. My personal shopper is coming tomorrow, and they needed to be put away. I'm going to have to get me a personal grocery put away-er to go with the personal shopper. Alan thinks I should hire a cook. Not because I can't cook. It's because I CAN'T cook. It is very painful for me to stand in the kitchen and cook. I love to cook. I'm good at it. But it hurts.

Don't worry friend of mine who wants a personal chef, it's not going to happen. I want to control what I eat and not leave that control up to someone else. I like to eat out occasionally, not every day, and that's what I would feel like I was doing if I had a personal chef.

I'm not even interested in Meals on Wheels. Do I qualify for that? How old does one have to be to qualify for Meal on Wheels. Do they come to you and offer their services? Or, do you have to call them.

I learned yesterday that being in Medicare is NOT automatic, even though they take $90 per month out of my meager Social Security check for the service, and even though they sent me a card that was validated. I neglected to answer the 3000 forms they sent me from 2000 different vendors so I haven't been accepted yet as a medicare person. Well, at least until yesterday. I think I got it straightened out. And because I wasn't' using their services, I think they should refund my $450 for the five months I wasn't on the rolls.

TTFN

No comments: