Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So, what's new?

Nothing much. Slow day. Not much movement. Not much thinking.

The bright spot was the porch. I was out bright and early and the temperature (on the porch) was 60 degrees. It went up very quickly, though, and a half hour after I starting sitting out there, the temperature was up to 70 degrees. It was breezy all day today and I enjoyed being out there for several hours. Reading. Doing puzzles. Not doing housework. Not cooking. Not cleaning. Not doing laundry. Just enjoying the sunshine and the breeze.

By late this afternoon it had only gone up to 82 and since there was still quite a breeze, it really was quite pleasant out there.

Tomorrow night, hopefully, Alan and I are heading down to the river to enjoy the hot-air balloon lift at dusk, and then fireworks at Old Coney. We're going to try to get a spot on this side of the river and watch, instead of fighting the crowd at the park.

Friday is set. We're meeting at the Cold Spring park at 2 and bringing snacks and then I'll leave when I feel I need to leave, if I go at all. Alan will go without me, I'm sure. Unless I'm like I was yesterday, he will leave, otherwise he may feel the need to stay home

Today is Adam's 8th birthday and there is no party for him. Bummer. I'll drop off his gift tomorrow on my rounds to the various stores, library, pharmacy, etc. I hope I don't have another flare up or I'm in deep you-know-what. I need to get burgers in for Friday's dinner. Beck's family will be staying for supper and watching the fireworks from the deck.

TTFN

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi from Frankfort. I was blog hopping and saw you were from Kentucky and just stopped to say hello and have a nice 4th of July.