Friday, July 25, 2008

July 25, 2008

A dear friend of ours died late last night. Rhoda was special in that she was always around and willing to do things for others. She will be missed. She knew she was going to heaven and was looking forward to it.

She and her husband were married when she was 16 (so was he). They had known each other since they were in grade school. They were married for 53 years (almost). He (Bob) said he doesn't know what he's going to do without her.

Other things happened today besides thinking about Rhoda and the sadness that goes along with a loss such as that.

Alan and I went shopping -- he to his, me to mine. Well, sort of.

We both went to the farmer's market, but he stayed in the car. Yesterday and the day before he could barely walk. So, it was best that he stayed in the car. I got my produce, then we went to his and her stores.

He has it in his mind that we need bars in our beautiful bathroom -- the reason I bought this house. And he needed to get the bars and hardware so he can install them. Well, he's having a friend of ours install them. Bet is doesn't happen for a long, long time, but he HAD to get them this week. They were not on sale, so that wasn't the reason he needed them. Perhaps he is realizing more and more that he needs SUPPORT, either in the form of a walker or a cane or rails in the bathroom. We'll see how soon this project is completed. When he shops he uses one of the motorized carts to get around the store in. So I dropped him off at the cart stand and picked him up there after I finished at Kroger's.


Anyway, while he was at Home Depot, I drove over to Kroger's and got supplies -- only because Megan may not be able to come next week, and didn't do any shopping this week. I went to a Kroger's with which I am not very familiar, and as a result I walked back and forth, cris-crossing my path over and over. Lots of extra steps that I shouldn't have made. I'm paying for it now.

I wish they made the grocery carts a little shorter. Being vertically challenged, I feel like a little kid pushing a big-people's shopping cart whenever I go shopping at Kroger's or Sam's or any of those stores. That aside, I got all that I had on my list except::::::: no bubble gum. Now, why doesn't Kroger carry bubble gum in its candy department? Am I the only person who likes bubble bum?

I didn't get bread or milk, both of which I am out of. I ALWAYS miss something. But, I didn't have them on my stock list, so why should I remember to get them? I can barely remember my name sometimes. Today, I kept forgetting where I put my carry-around phone. I would take it out of the bag that hangs on my walker and leave it here and there. Finally, I put it in the bag and am determined that it will stay there until forever.

TTFN

No comments: