Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well, I am definitely in the middle of another "flare up." Nothing to do but wait for it to subside.

I find myself falling asleep at odd times. Like today -- I was out on the sun porch, reading, and I woke up, still holding the book, but dreaming about something that wasn't even book related. I know this happens if I sit down to watch TV. I never used to be able to sleep sitting up, but it seems that's a new thing for me. I can't do it on cue, like Alan can, but the ability to sleep without realizing I'm sleeping is something new for me.

I like to plan things, and unplanned sleeping is NOT a good thing.

So, with that in mind, and all the other things my body is and isn't doing, I decided to cancel my trip to NC. Alan said he would go with me, but really, what would he do for four or five days while I enjoy my sister? He's be bored out of his gourd. (That's an old saying from the 60s.)

Yeah, and I'm going bald. Every time I pull on my bangs (a habit I have), out comes more hair. And my brush is getting full awfully fast. Really, if I tug on any part of my hair it releases itself from the root and comes out in my hand. And I keep getting hair in my mouth. Yuck!

Alan invited me to go out for dinner and we're still bandying it about. I want to go out, but I hurt so bad, I don't want to go out. Also I don't want to cook, but I could because I got pork chops out of the freezer. Easy supper with boiled potatoes and asparagus. No salad. I'm out of salad fixings and I didn't feel like going to the farmer's market to stock up. So we might go out yet.

That's where I am right now. But I'm also rejoicing that I have such a great husband and a wonderful house that he (with God's help) has provided me. I love my home, and I love my porch. It's a great thing for me to have at this stage of my life -- the ability to sit on a porch, watch the birds, listen to the birds, and enjoy the breeze. God is good.

Addendum: Alan took me out to dinner -- Ruby Tuesday's. They have the most fabulous strawberry dessert. Alan likes the Chocolate Tower. As we were leaving the restaurant I told him he did good and to give himself a pat on the back. He said, "I can't reach it any more." 'Nuf said!

TTFN

No comments: