Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21, 2008


If you haven't read Runnemede Remembered (http://www.runnemederemembered.blogspot.com/) then you don't know what went on this weekend.

But this is today and a busy one it has been.

Praise the Lord I'm feeling pretty good. I'm in minimal pain. But this is the continuing saga of a fat lady, who is too short, and just doesn't get around very well any more.

Today was the day!!!!!! Megan came and we cleaned out the pantry. We threw away everything that was outdated -- four garbage bags of stuff! We reorganized the pantry so that I could put some of my cookware in there and not have to bend down and reach into the nether lands of a large, badly built (organizational wise) cabinet. I removed the pots and pans from under the counter next to the stove and we still had plenty to room to get everything back into the pantry even with one entire shelve being taken up with cookware and bake ware. Yes, I now can see my spring pan and that might move me to make something in it. Out of sight, out of mind, you know.

By putting my pots in the pantry, I was able to get all of Alan's jugs (he uses them for water and has about one dozen of them that he cannot part with) into a large bin along with the lids that seem to walk away. So now the only thing in that unwieldy cabinet is the silver punch bowl, and two large plastic bowls I use for picnics, and the deviled egg pans. That's it. It's almost empty,but that's okay, because it's just unusable space and I've been trying to use it for several years but it just hasn't worked.

So my short, fat body can now reach everything without having to do contortions. And the cabinets are all cleaned out! Spring cleaning, completed three months late, but completed!

Megan will be going back to school in a very few weeks -- I'm going to miss her very much.

TTFN

No comments: