Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22, 2008

Today is Tuesday, you know what that means? We're going to have a special guest!

Those were the lines sung by Mooseketeer, Jimmie, as the show (Mickey Mouse Club) opened on Tuesday.

Does that mean that this BLOG is going to have a guest journalist today? No. I was just thinking about the ditty and wrote it down. So, now to the facts of the day.

It started early and will end late. Lots in between. Nothing earth shaking, though.

We had some pretty bad thunder storms over night last night and were promised that the cold front would ride through on those storms. Well, guess what? It (the cold front) didn't ride through, so tonight we're looking for more storms. However, I'm not seeing anything on radar like I did last night, so maybe the front won't go through again tonight and tomorrow will be hot again.

I have to admit, even though the porch was shut up until around 9:30, it wasn't too hot, and it cooled off real fast because there was a wonderful breeze this morning.

So, I sat out there and prayer and read a little. Then I came in and finished cleaning up in the kitchen -- the stuff that Megan didn't finish yesterday -- like putting away some things that need to go into my travel kitchen pack that somehow got into the pantry.

And, today as I looked into the pantry and started retrieving things, I realize how much more room I have that I didn't realize I have, and started loading more pots onto the pot shelf. She had space them all out real nice, so I squeezed the small pots in between. I love the way she set it up. It seems to be very well organized, and I noticed that she put some things on the top shelf which I never thought should go up there, but now that I think about it, my vertical handicap will be served best by having those items on the top shelf, where I can't reach them too well. They are things that I use rarely (like baking supplies) and the top shelf is the best place for them.

I don't bake, at least I try not to. I do bake pies, but the items I need for pies aren't on the top shelf. In fact, I'm thinking of buying a bunch of peaches and making a peach pie or two. I love peach pie. But I'm trying to keep the weight off, so I have a problem. Do I make a peach pie (of which I will eat one-half) or use the excuse "I don't bake" and not bake the pie. I'll have to think about it.

TTFN

No comments: