Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm still looking

Looking for my piece of the pie that was promised to all Americans when the new administration was put in POWER! I read through that whole stimulus bill (HR1) that Congress passed earlier this week, and there is nothing, nada for which I qualify. Bummer.

So, I'll move on, knowing that I'll have to pay for any cruise I take myself, knowing I'll have to purchase my own food, knowing that my condo fees are not covered by the stimulus, and knowing that anything I put in the bank will probably disappear or be gobbled up by the original bailouts of the banks.

Knees -- better, small ouch.
Back -- small ouch
Fibro -- very ouchy
Activity: I won't talk about the activity I did this a.m., but let me say it was with a toothbrush, in the bathroom, but not on my teeth.

All laundry is folded and mostly put away. I'm working on scrap-booking today. Concepting my pages ready for the Stamper grandchildren album, and gluing the pictures from the tea last August into that album -- it was concepted last August and all set up, but I never put glue to picture to paper. I don't really use glue, I use tape runners which mean you can never remove the picture after they set -- in about 5 minutes.

Recipe from last night, which was delicious:

Two pork chops, boneless (but you could use bone-in chops)
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1-1/2 cups bow tie pasta
1 cup peas

In frying pan drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil. Heat the pan and while the pan is heating, sprinkle all around garlic salt and seasoned salt. When the pan is hot, put in the two chops (or however many you need for your family -- actually two chops was too much for Alan and me) and let them cook on that side for two minutes, then turn them over and reduce the heat in the pan to low. The residual heat will give them nice color on the bottom side and will slow down the process.

Next get your pasta ready. Boil enough water for 1-1/2 cups of pasta -- I usually use a 4 quart pot -- and when the water comes to a boil add the pasta, a teaspoon of salt, and the peas. Yes cook the peas with the pasta.

While the bow ties are cooking, move the chops either to the side of the pan or to a plate, add the heavy cream and cheese, use a whisk to mix them together and get the pan drippings into the sauce. Put the chops back in. Turn the heat up to medium and bring the cream to a simmer, then reduce the heat back to low. Stir occasionally.

Drain the pasta and peas. Once again remove the chops, and take out 1/4 of the cream mixture. Put the pasta and peas into the cream mixture and stir so that all the pasta is covered. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Cut the meat, spoon some of the sauce you kept back over the meat, and plate the pasta. I had enough pasta/peas/cream sauce left over for another meal, but I put it in the freezer, so I can have it in a week or so.

Served with a greens salad, my mama's dressing.

I'm telling you, it was so very good. I'm going to put that meal into my "guest" meal recipe file.

Dessert? Left over lemon pound cake with a dollop of lemon curd on top.

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

That recipe sounded wonderful! You always were the BEST COOK EV-ER!! ;-)
Love ya bunches and bunches!!!
jenn