Sunday, January 25, 2009

I love snowy Sunday afternoons

We had a "surprise" snow this afternoon. I don't know when it started to snow, but I know the sun was out this a.m. when I headed into the bedroom and then the bathroom and then threw-up. So, I went to bed around 11:00 a.m. and it was still sort of sunny, although I could tell it was going to get cloudy. Alan annoyed me around noon and I don't think it was snowing yet, but when I woke up at 2:30 there was a nice covering on the ground.

We're under a winter storm watch -- that means nothing. Whenever we get one of those things, we get little to no snow. It's the surprise snows that make the winter pretty. This "watch" is not the kind of "watch" we want to hear about, though, because it is supposed to change from snow to rain with the air temp around 25, which means instant freeze. We've going through that many times before and the ice is awful. I hate the ice because I know I'll be home bound for days.

Being home bound isn't anything I need to be concerned about, as I'm basically home bound anyway, but the thought of being home bound, not because I can be home bound, but because I have to be home bound is a different scenario. That's when I get cabin fever.

At least knowing I'm home bound because I don't actually have anything I need to do to put me outside the home is different, because I know I can get out if I want to. Is that clear? And, since it's so cold, I'm not about to head out to get in supplies in case the weather prognosticators are correct this time. They haven't been right one time this whole winter!

We'll have soup and sandwiches. I made a big pot of vegetable soup, and frankly I loved it. Alan, not so much. But then, Alan isn't a soup fan unless it is cheese soup or split pea soup, neither of which do I care for. But I have lots of canned cheese soup for him and the veggie soup for me. I am so glad the back porch is really cold and I can use it as a refrigerator for that big pot of soup. There is no room in the refrigerator for that big a pot. And even if I broke it down into smaller packages, I still wouldn't have room in the fridge for it.

I was pleased that Ms. Indiana won the Miss American contest for 2009. She was actually my first choice. I rarely pick the right one.

So, I'm back to bed, still nursing the upset stomach, with my ginger ale.

And Amy, if you read this, yes, I would love to read the first in the brotherhood series. And I'm really bummed about having to wait until September to get the next book in the series. I didn't like the way this book ended. I won't tell you about it, because you haven't read it, but I didn't like the ending.

ttfn

No comments: