Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Sunday, or as my father always said, "It's the Lord's Day." Well, yes, Sunday was always the Lord's Day, but The Psalmist said that "This is the day that the Lord has made (i.e., the Lord's Day), let us rejoice and be glad in it." No specificity was made as to whether it was Sunday or Wednesday or Friday. So, tomorrow is Sunday, but today, as everyday is The Lord's Day.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it being another Sunday in my life. I pray I can get out and about and get to church. That's not something that happens very often, unfortunately. I miss church.

The church we've attended for over 25 years is now meeting in a school and the walk from my car to the "sanctuary" (auditorium) is quite long. And even if I take the walker, I'm exhausted and hurting very badly by the time I get to a seat. The same can be said for the church Alan prefers. Only the pain in that church occurs because of the pews. That old nerve shoots me from hip to ankle throughout the whole service.

These "excuses" are not something I enjoy talking about. I really would prefer being with others of "like precious faith" as my dad said (and I think the Apostle Paul said), but unless and until I have more mobility it isn't going to happen, so I have to rely on God's Word alone for my "food". Not a bad diet, I must say.

I'm told not to worry about tomorrow, because no one knows what tomorrow will bring. Who knows? Maybe it will be the glorious appearing of our Lord! Wow!

mtf maybe

No comments: