Thursday, January 29, 2009

I wonder if I can get some stimulus money

Let's see. I'm not an illegal alien. So I don't qualify on that count.

I don't approve of the work Acorn does, so I don't qualify on that count.

My art work wouldn't be accepted by the National Endowment for the Arts. So I don't qualify there.

I like to spend money. I do qualify there.

My bank isn't on the TARP list, so I don't qualify there.

I have no children that would qualify for free health care. So, I don't qualify there.

I do qualify for medicare -- but that's not in the stimulus package. Go figure.

I do collect social security -- but that's not in the stimulus package.

Given what I've read of the bill, I wouldn't qualify for any stimulus money. So Mr. Obama is doing nothing to help me. He isn't paying my mortgage. He isn't increasing my SS payments. He did increase the amount of the medicare payment I have to meet each month in order to qualify for medicare, and for which there is no choice. Bet you didn't know you have to PAY money to medicare even if you're qualified for the benefits, which I still haven't figured out how to collect.

Enough.

The good news is, I did get all the paper packed up, so I'm down to three boxes of CM supplies and all those boxes will be put in the attic and pulled out whenever someone says they would like something. I still have lots of small albums (8x8) and papers for those albums. I reduced the 12x12 papers to about 1/2 box, the other 1/2 is papers I see using in my grandchildren albums. I have a few large albums left, which I probably will never use. So, please let me know.

So far I've had one taker, and you know who you are.

And, I finished packing up the Christmas decorations. All that's left to box up are the snowmen.

I also folded all the unfolded laundry and did two loads of what, only one of which has to be folded. It's still drying.

The knees? Ouch!
The back? Ouch!
The shoulder? Double ouch!

Otherwise, all is well!



ttfn

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hi, sweetie! let me know how much you want for the stuff you have available and I'll talk to hubby about it. I'm sure we can use the supplies for school projects. Plus, I have an entire tote full of pictures with no homes.
Decluttering is great, isn't it?
I hate it you're not feeling well. I don't have time to check the BLOGs very often, but please pass it on thru email or thru Mama if you're not feeling well. We'll pray for you!!
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo
jenn

Judi Hahn said...

Jenn: I'll add you to the list that is now doubled (that means you and my friend can share the stuff). I'll bring it out when I come or if your mom can get a chance to come see me, I'll send the stuff home with her.