Thursday, January 15, 2009

BRRR....

Global warming, it ain't? Another ice-age? Maybe. Climate change -- who cares? It just plain cold, and getting colder. The temp has warmed up a degree today, it's now 10 degrees, but it's supposed to sink to way below zero tonight, with wind chills I don't even want to think about.


I've been mulling a lot of things in my mind the past couple of days but suffice it to say the ideas pop up in my mind at 3 a.m. when I'm trying desperately to get to sleep, and I only hope I can recall them in the morning when I get up. So far, no (yes, "NO") good. I can't recall any of my super interesting ideas for BLOG reports.

I recall when we first moved here that first winter we suffered through several below zero days and I thought, "hmmm, is this was Cincinnati winters were like?" And since it got so cold, I thought maybe we'd have lots of snow. Cincinnati has never had lots of snow. Oh, there have been storms, but a winter of snow-covered ground? Nah. Anyway, I then detected a pattern. Each year, either the second or third week in January, the temps fall very low, they stay there for a week, and then we bounce back. So, I'm waiting it out. Next week or the next after that we'll be back to lows in the 20s and days in the 40s or 50s. Maybe a good snowstorm thrown in there for good measure, who knows.

I noticed another thing today. Most important, it wasn't cloudy; so this isn't a true judge of things. It was sunny all day. And I noticed that it wasn't dark at 5 p.m. Does that mean the days of daylight are getting longer? Oh, happy day! I despise the dark gloomy days of winter. I don't mind the heat, nor the cold -- well, not too much. But I do dislike immensely the darkness that covers the earth during this time of the year.

So, I rejoice today at noticing that light is coming back. Yip, Yip, hooray!

ttfn

No comments: