Sunday, January 18, 2009

I realize this is supposed to be my journal, but...

There are just some things that I can't put into this particular journal, and will have to store in the journal of my mind, which is where they may be forgotten.

Family situation. Not good. Not terribly bad, just really, really annoying. And, I can't really do anything about it, even though some members of the family think I can. Now you're all wondering what it is that has me boinked. Well, it's a never-mind, just pray-about situation.

While I've been remiss in writing everyday on this BLOG, I have been feeling quite good, actually. The knees anyway haven't been giving me fits. Still have the fibromyalgia thing going on, though, but it's on the wane, so I can function.

I only wish I could get myself out of bed earlier. Even if I go to bed by 10 p.m., I will seem to be abed until after 10:00 a.m. each morning. It is a rare morning that I see the sunrise -- if there is a sunrise to see. We haven't really had a sunrise for weeks. Clouds cover the rise of that orb. But I'm still rejoicing that the days are getting longer.

Since my clock goes by light and dark, we are eating dinner later. I reminded myself that it was time to cook dinner when it got dark, now it doesn't get dark until six or later, and that's a late time to start dinner.

We're still trying to decide whether we want to go to Florida or not. I want to go, but I don't think my body does. Alan doesn't really care, but I think his body really wants to go to a place where he can really rest and relax, not that he can't do that at home, but he's always tied up with something on the computer, either our taxes, which he is working feverishly on, or something to do with the community funding.

So, it's another Sunday. Another missed church service. However, we do have our house-church meeting to look forward to later in the week. I shall have to be content with that meeting because of my walking problems.

I am grateful to God, however, for his mercy in letting me be nearly pain free in the knees, and the sciatic nerve is in a dormant period. Now, Lord, please take away the burning, gnawing pain of the fibromyalgia. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

I hope you all have a nice MLK day tomorrow and then really enjoy the inauguration of the next president of the USA. I plan not to watch any TV for the next three days. Enough is enough. I think I've been through the upcoming love fest enough in the past few days, and so I'm going to read, read, read or scrap, scrap, scrap. See which wins out -- reading or scrapbooking.

mtf

No comments: