Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally...

I finally got a haircut. I'll tell you, oh journal, it was about time. The last time I had it worked on was way before Thanksgiving. It was getting long enough to put into a French twist.

After thinking about it, I decided I would keep it long in the back, short in the front and then I can pull it back into a "pony tail" or get one of those big clamps and just clamp it back when it gets gnarly looking. Today it looks great. Tomorrow, who knows? If I can't comb it to look reasonably like the way it looks today, I'll go next week and get it cut lit I normally do. Short!

Walking from the car to the shop was a bit of a problem, but I did it! I also hit the Seafood Shop and picked up some bruschetta topping, a nice loaf of french bread to go with the topping, and they now carry the Barefoot Contessa products so I stocked up on them as well. Got some lemon curd, yummy and some red orange marmalade -- that's a new one. Can't wait to try that one.

I also got my favorite balsamic vinegar. It's so sweet and thick. It's actually a Greek balsamic rather than an Italian balsamic. But it does taste good, and Alan informed me the other night that he very much prefers the "sweet" dressings I make (when I use balsamic as opposed to wine vinegar) and since I don't mind the sweeter dressing that much, I stocked up since I don't get over to that part of Cincinnati very often.

Then I went to Servatii's -- a local bakery that everyone raves over. Frankly? They're okay, but Kelly's bakery they're not. Kelly's bakery was the bakery in Glendora, about two miles from home, that I would religiously walk to just to get one cream-filled donut. Their baked goods were wonderful. They had no french bread so I settled for a loaf of Italian. I also got Alan his "sweets" and got myself two large soft pretzels, not Philadelphia pretzels, mind you, but a reasonable substitute.

So that was my early day. Now it's mid afternoon and I'm ready to read the next book by Neta Jackson. It's a follow up to the Yada Yada books, but not with the sisters. I can't wait to get into it. Thanks Amy!!!!!

ttfn

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have the first book in the Brothers of Hope series by Dave Jackson. At least I think that's what the series is called. Anyway, it is written to be a parallel to the one you have now only from a different character's point of view. Supposedly it takes the cliffhanger ending from the other book about 1 week farther in the storyline. You can borrow it whenever you want!