Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No sleep

Well, I finished the series of books written by Neta Jackson about the Yada Yada prayer sisters. What a great series! I have so enjoyed them. Walking with the sisters as they learn how to pray, watch the answers God gave them to their prayers --not always the way they wanted the prayer to be answered -- and finding out that God was good, all the time. I highly recommend the books. And the recipes are now included in the new printings of the books. The food prepared by the moms in the books sounds so yummy.

Why the title of the BLOG: "No Sleep?" Well, I finished the last book at 6 a.m. and got up at 8 a.m. because today was the day Tamara came to clean and shop for me. So I had to get up and clean the house before she got here. I know, that's stupid, but I did what little I could to make her not think I was a slob. In other words, I stripped and made the bed, which is a chore I think I'm going to have her do from now on, it wears me out! I emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up the sink (usually a job she does -- clean the sink, that is), I did a load of laundry, I cleaned the stove, usually something she does, and I cleaned the refrigerator.

So it's now almost 8 p.m. and I just know I'm going to fall asleep while I'm watching American Idol, I'm really wiped. But I feel good otherwise. I'm walking, anyway.

I didn't watch any of the inauguration festivities. Not interested at all. But I did print out a lot of pictures and got my next album concepted and I'm ready to go on that.

Oh, yeah, one more thing. I booked us on a cruise to Puerto Rico, Aruba, Atola, St. Thomas, and St. Marteens. It's a long cruise, 9 days, but Alan said to "go for it" so I did. Whether we'll actually go is not certain, I have until the day of the cruise to cancel because I got the extra insurance which covers backing out because of health reasons and other family emergencies. This time THEY will provide the wheel chair and valet parking. Yeah! I'm really excited and am looking forward to it. We got a balcony room this time. They're the best because you can get room service for breakfast (it's free) and just sit on the balcony and enjoy the ride!

Gotta go. No more to say anyway. Enjoy all that God has done for you today. Thank Him for His goodness and blessings and do something I'm learning in my old age, wait up Him and listen for that still small voice for Him to lead and guide you through your day.

ttfn

No comments: